College of nursing should have a 120-150 bedded Parent/Affiliated Hospital for 40 annual intake in each programme:
- Distribution of beds in different areas
- Medical – 30
- Surgical – 30
- Obst. & Gynecology – 30
- Pediatrics – 20
Ortho – 10
- Bed Occupancy of the Hospital should be minimum 75%.
- The size of the Hospital/Nursing Home for affiliation should not be less than 50 beds.
- Other Specialties/Facilities for clinical experience required are as follows:
- Major OT
- Minor OT
- Burns and Plastic
- Neonatology with Nursery
- Communicable disease
- Community Health Nursing
- Nephrology etc.
- Affiliation of psychiatric hospital should be of minimum 30-50 beds.
- The Nursing Staffing norms in the affiliated Hospital should be as per the INC norms.
- The affiliated Hospital should give student status to the candidates of the nursing programme.
- Affiliated hospitals should be in the radius of 15-30 kms.
- 1:3 student patient ratio to be maintained.
If the institution is having both GNM and B.Sc(N) programme, it would require 240 bedded parent/affiliated hospital for 40 annual intake in each programme to maintain 1:3 student patient ratio.